Care222® UV disinfection solutions during a worldwide pandemic
Care222® Far UV-C Disinfection Lamps
Care222® Far-UVC Excimer Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) Lamps
Ushio is proud to introduce the Care222® series, a new line of 222 nm far UV-C excimer lamps for microbial reduction.
Care222® lamps are presently used for unoccupied spaces, with studies ongoing as we seek to make Care222® disinfection lamps the number one choice for occupied microbial reduction solutions too. Ushio’s longstanding collaborations with scientific institutions, such as Columbia University in the U.S.A., have contributed to the development of a system which selectively kills bacteria and inactivates viruses without damaging human cells/tissues using narrow-band spectrum UV. This has been made possible through the use of Columbia’s patented wavelength filtration technology. The system has demonstrated its ability to inactivate all kinds of ‘super bugs’ such as MRSA, influenza, MERS-CoV, as well as killing viruses including the Ebola virus.
Click here to read about our groundbreaking partnership with Kobe University, in Japan, which discovered that the 222 nm UV wavelength retains the disinfectant properties of 254 nm, yet does so without the hazardous health effects associated with prolonged exposure.
These mercury-free, instant-on excimer lamps are ideal for bathrooms, toilets, counter tops, and other occasional-use applications.
Ushio can provide a lamp that meets your far UV-C disinfection needs. Fill in the Care222® product questionnaire, and we will deliver the best-suited Ushio excimer expert to you. We have detailed some key features of the Care222® UV disinfection module below, however, for a detailed analysis of technical specifications and capabilities, please click here.
- Air Disinfection
- Surface Disinfection
- Water Disinfection
- Room Sanitisation
- Production Line Upkeep
- Cost effective – While the initial outlay for a Care222® lamp may be higher than that of a conventional UV lamp, the following benefits clearly offset any budget concerns once usage has begun.
- Ushio’s studies alongside some of the world’s most prestigious research institutions have found Care222® lamps to be more effective than conventional UV in many bacterial eradication applications.
- Mercury-free – disposal of the lamp is environmentally friendly and poses very little in the way of safety risk should the lamp break. This is also important as intensifying restrictions on the usage and disposal of mercury will be implemented in the coming years.
- Instant-on/off – The skilled engineering behind the Care222 lamp allows customers to obtain full irradiation output in less than one second, whereas conventional germicidal lamps start at only 50% output and take several minutes to ramp up to 100% output.
- Flexible design capabilities for customised lamp development
- Filters out almost all unnecessary and hazardous wavelengths to maintain a highly effective and human exposure-safe output of the 222 nm germicidal wavelength.
- Highly effective inactivation and reduction of the majority of spores, in fact, 222 nm has proven to be more effective than 254 nm UVGI solutions in most cases.
- Operable in a wide range of temperatures, unlike conventional 254 nm lamps.
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor applications.
Source: Ushio America, Inc.
Important safety considerations regarding the usage of Care222® emitters
The Care222® modules are not a standalone product and do not currently carry a CE certification. The Ushio Care222® series of products consists of individual components which are strictly intended for integration into solutions produced by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). OEMs operating within the European Economic Area (EEA) are bound by mandatory European health, safety, environmental, and electrical standards, which subsequently advocates their full responsibility to correctly inform the end-user of any risk factors, restrictions, and necessary safety protocol.
For this reason, Care222® products cannot be supplied to end-users or private individuals.
Since the final design, specifications, and price for Care222® components may change in future, we are not at liberty to discuss volume and/or discounts at this time.
Please consider that regulations pertaining to human exposure to ultraviolet radiation wavelengths, including those emitted by Care222® products, are outlined in the EU directive 2006/25/EC.
Contact Ushio Europe about Care222® today!
Ushio Europe is ready for information requests and purchasing enquiries. Whether you represent a research or medical institution, or perhaps you are an OEM looking for a lamp and power supply to integrate into your own product/solution, Ushio is able to advise you on how Care222® modules can revolutionise your disinfection processes. By filling in the form on our dedicated Care222® contact page, you can inform us of your interest and begin a discussion around your application requirements.
DIRECTIVE 2006/25/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 5 April 2006 on the minimum health and safety requirements regarding the exposure of workers to risks arising from physical agents (artificial optical radiation) (19th individual Directive within the meaning of Article 16(1) of Directive 89/391/EEC)