Fill out the Care222 survey for a faster response time
Care222 - Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI)
Care222 – Excimer Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI)
Ushio is proud to introduce the Care222 series, a new line of 222 nm Far UV-C excimer lamps for microbial reduction.
Care222 is presently used for unoccupied spaces with ongoing studies to make Care222 your future choice for all occupied and unoccupied microbial reduction solutions. Ushio’s longstanding collaborations with scientific institutions, such as Columbia University in the U.S.A., have contributed to the development of a system which selectively kills bacteria and inactivates viruses without damaging human cells/tissues using narrow-band spectrum UV. This has been made possible through the use of Columbia’s patented wavelength filtration technology. The system has demonstrated its ability to inactivate all kinds of ‘super bugs’ such as MRSA, influenza, MERS-CoV, as well as killing viruses including the Ebola virus.
Click here to read about our groundbreaking partnership with Kobe University, in Japan, which discovered that the 222 nm UV wavelength retains the disinfectant properties of 254 nm, yet does so without the hazardous health effects associated with prolonged exposure.
These mercury-free, instant-on excimer lamps (available as a standard 12 W module, 20 W, or 300 W lamp) are ideal for bathrooms, toilets, counter tops, and other occasional-use applications.
Ushio can also design bespoke solutions especially for you, from 6 W to 300 W, with lengths ranging from 40 mm to 500 mm. We can design a lamp that specifically meets your exact specifications, so contact us today, or fill in our Care222 questionnaire so that we can bring the best Ushio expert, for your application, to you.
- Air Disinfection
- Surface Disinfection
- Water Disinfection
- Room Sanitisation
- Production Line Upkeep
- Cost effective – While the initial outlay for Care222 may be higher than that of a conventional UV lamp, the following benefits clearly offset any budget concerns once usage has begun.
- Ushio’s studies alongside some of the world’s most prestigious research institutions have found Care222 to be more effective than conventional UV in many bacterial eradication applications.
- Mercury-free – disposal of the lamp is environmentally friendly and poses very little in the way of safety risk should the lamp break. This is also important as intensifying restrictions on the usage and disposal of mercury will be implemented in the coming years.
- Instant-on/off – The skilled engineering behind the Care222 lamp allows customers to obtain full irradiation output in less than one second, whereas conventional germicidal lamps start at only 50% output and take several minutes to ramp up to 100% output.
- Flexible design capabilities for customised lamp development
- Filters out almost all unnecessary and hazardous wavelengths to maintain a highly effective and human exposure-safe output of the 222 nm germicidal wavelength.
- Highly effective inactivation and reduction of the majority of spores, in fact, 222 nm has proven to be more effective than 254 nm UVGI solutions in most cases.
- Operable in a wide range of temperatures, unlike conventional 254 nm lamps.
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor applications.
Source: Ushio America, Inc.
Important safety considerations regarding the usage of Care222
Care222 is not a standalone product and does not carry a CE certification. Care222 consists of individual components which are strictly intended for integration into solutions produced by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). OEMs operating within the European Economic Area (EEA) are bound by mandatory European health, safety, environmental, and electrical standards, which subsequently advocates their full responsibility to correctly inform the end-user of any risk factors, restrictions, and necessary safety protocol.
For this reason, Care222 cannot be supplied to end-users or private individuals.
Since the final design, specifications, and price for Care222 components may change in future, we are not at liberty to discuss volume and/or discounts at this time.
Please consider that regulations pertaining to human exposure to ultraviolet radiation wavelengths, including those emitted by Care222, are outlined in the EU directive 2006/25/EC.
Contact Ushio Europe about Care222 today!
Ushio Europe is ready for information requests and purchasing enquiries. Whether you represent a research or medical institution, or perhaps you are an OEM looking for a lamp and power supply to integrate into your own product/solution, Ushio is able to advise you on how Care222 can revolutionise your disinfection processes. Contact us by filling in the form on our contact page, to inform us of your interest and begin a discussion around your application and requirements.
DIRECTIVE 2006/25/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 5 April 2006 on the minimum health and safety requirements regarding the exposure of workers to risks arising from physical agents (artificial optical radiation) (19th individual Directive within the meaning of Article 16(1) of Directive 89/391/EEC)