Both, ICE (converting industry) and LOPEC (printed electronics industry) exhibitions appointed USHIO’s Excimer technology as a new trend in our business.
Chemical bonds that cannot be broken using standard UV lamps can be dissolved using the VUV 172 nm wavelength produced by excimer lamps.
This Excimer pre-treatment have also tremendous advantages in comparison to plasma or corona.
Here some of them:
- No thermal load on the surface, no damaging of surface structure
- Better bonding results
- No production of dust which can contaminate the system
- Easy integration into existing processes
- Process can be fine-tuned, is highly reproducable and independent from environment
- No charged particles are in contact with surface, no high electric or magnetic fields so applicable for any electronics
Please contact us for more information.