- CAUTION! Ultraviolet (UV) radiation!! Protect skin and eyes from unfiltered direct or indirect UV rays
- Always observe the lamp operating instructions given in the catalogue
- Clean gloves must be worn when handling UV-lamps to avoid contamination of the quartz tube.
- If cleaning is necessary, this should be done using spirit or a suitable alcohol.
- UV-lamps may only be handled if disconnected from the power supply.
- Even after switching off, UV-lamps can be so hot that they can cause burns.
- When changing lamps, the lamp holders should be checked for charring and if necessary replaced.
- The instructions which are enclosed with the lamp packing are to be observed at all times.
USHIO UV-lamps are subject to continuous quality control measures and are designed not to
burst or cause damage when used according to the instructions. However, this can never be totally excluded.
If necessary constructive measures should be taken. Please observe manufacturer's instructions for
the maximum operating temperature and current of the sockets. Damaged sockets must be replaced.
Permissible temperature range
To avoid melting of the quartz-tube or breakage at the pinch during operation,
care has to be taken to keep the operating temperatures as listed below:
max. pinch seal-temperature: 350 °C
max. quartz tube-temperature: 950 °C
min. quartz tube-temperature: 600 °C